About Dr. Nicole
Who is Dr. Nicole Y. Edwards, D.O.
Dr. Nicole is a board certified family medicine physician with over 13 years experience in clinical medicine including full gamut family medicine scope of practice to include diagnosis, treatment, and assessment.
Education & Work History
- B.S. in pre-med psychology at Oral Roberts University
- 2 M.A. Degrees in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy while studying for the MCATs
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine degree from New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Therapist doing family, individual, couple, and play therapy.
- She worked for the Family Sexual Abuse Treatment Program doing therapy with families ravaged by the effects of sexual abuse.
- Internship and Residency at Palmetto Health Richland where she completed specialized training in women’s health.
- She worked in rural SC as a National Health Service Scholar as a family medicine physician and did women’s health care. Because of the population of her patients, she went on to obtain more training in treating diabetes and hypertension with the latest medications and methods.
Dr. Nicole is an active media medicine consultant and personality and has been on multiple radio and tv shows, including her monthly Talk With the Doc segment on the local radio station.
Dr. Nicole has been appeared on the following stations
- Awareness WIS-TV
- Big DM
- Kiss 103.1
Dr. Nicole speaks at local churches and health fairs, and has a weekly online talk show “Talk With The Doc”.
Dr. Nicole has spoken at the following events
- Imara woman
- Momentum in medicine speakers bureau
- Integrate to success (possibilities institute)
- Coping with Covid
- Sistahs in business expo
- All girls rock summit speaker
- St. Andrews Middle School 2019
- South Kilbourne Elementary School Career development month speaker
- NCBW100 speaker
I'm here to serve
Whole-person Integrative family medicine clinic